Sunday, December 29, 2013

Classic Winter Patterns

So my awesome boyfriend decided to give into my crochet/knit craze and got me some knitting and crochet books for Christmas. Lucky for me, the knitting book had a pattern that I've always wanted to try: Fair Isle Knitting. I was super excited when I saw the pattern and so, instead of devoting myself to an entire project while I'm still working on the crochet blanket, I decided to make a swatch with the pattern. I also thought that this was a good way to practice carrying yarn throughout a piece (which I have avoided thus far). Lucky for me, the pattern is a lot simpler than it seems and wa easy to understand. You can see the end result below. I'm suuuuper happy with it :D


I'll add the pattern picture I used below as well as the book title I got it from. The full pattern is knitted in the round and creates a scarf so maye I'll try that one day... I actually want to use this pattern to make a hat, so maybe I'll try that first ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment